Jim Ketch is announcing his availability for the following services:
Private lesson instruction for trumpet and jazz improvisation.
· Successfully working with students of all ages
· Strong ability to communicate ideas and inspire student achievement
· Good evidence of student success via placements and honors
Clinics and Performances with middle school, high school, college and university music programs.
· Encouraging instructor in large group settings
· Strong ability to ‘break down” topics and make things understandable.
· Served as Associate Director of Swing Central Jazz for the Savannah Music Festival working with legendary jazz pianist and educator Marcus Roberts
· Twenty years on the faculty of the Jamey Aebersold Summer Jazz Workshop
· Founder/Director of Carolina Jazz Festival 1977-2020
· Director of Regional Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Festival in conjunction with Jazz at Lincoln Center
Guest conducting with jazz bands.
· All State Jazz Band and Regional Jazz Band conducting in: North and South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Virginia, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Tennessee, District of Columbia
· I have successfully led the North Carolina Jazz Repertory Orchestra for 29 years. The band has recorded three CDs, presented Duke Ellington’s Sacred Concert on NC-PBS TV, appeared with a variety of Outstanding Jazz Artists including, Byron Stripling, Rene Marie, John Pizzarelli, Marcus Roberts, Kenny Werner, Mark Tucker, Joe Chambers, Branford Marsalis, and many others.
Adjudication of jazz contests and festivals.
· Spearheaded adjudication for 15 years of the finals of Swing Central Jazz – Savannah Music Festival
· Decade of Judging for Fiestavals Music Festivals (eastern seaboard states)